Developing creative skills among smartphone users in Bangladesh requires several conditions to be in place. These conditions include access to technology, access to educational resources, a supportive environment, and a mindset that encourages creativity. BIDS explores the positive impacts of smartphones in a recent publication titled: Social Conditions of the Innovative Use of Smartphone: A Qualitative Investigation among Young Users in Dhaka.
Access to Technology:
To develop creative skills among smartphone users, access to technology is a crucial first step. Bangladesh has made significant progress in expanding access to smartphones in recent years, with over 110 million people owning a smartphone as of 2021 (source: Bangladesh Telecommunication Regulatory Commission). The availability of affordable smartphones and data plans has made it easier for people to connect with others and access educational resources online.
Access to Educational Resources:
To develop creative skills, smartphone users in Bangladesh need access to educational resources that can help them learn new skills and techniques. Online learning platforms like Coursera, Udemy, and Khan Academy offer a wide range of courses that can help people develop creative skills in areas like graphic design, photography, and writing. Moreover, initiatives like the government’s “Digital Bangladesh” campaign and the private sector’s “Skill for Employment Investment” program aim to provide digital literacy and vocational training to people, which can also contribute to developing creative skills.
Mindset that Encourages Creativity:
Developing creative skills among smartphone users in Bangladesh requires a mindset that encourages creativity. This includes a willingness to take risks, experiment, and explore new ideas. In Bangladesh, traditional education systems tend to focus on rote learning and memorization rather than critical thinking and creativity. However, initiatives like the “Creative Bangladesh Initiative” are working to promote creative thinking and innovation in the country.
A Supportive Environment
Having a supportive environment is also crucial for developing creative skills. In Bangladesh, individuals who want to develop their creative skills may face social or cultural pressures that discourage creativity or limit their opportunities. However, initiatives like the “Bangladesh Creative Forum” and the “Dhaka Art Summit” have been launched to encourage creativity and provide a platform for artists and creators to showcase their work. Additionally, social media platforms like Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube have made it easier for people to connect with others who share their interests and can provide support and encouragement.
Table of Contents
class=”wp-block-heading”>Facilitating conditions of the creative use of smartphone
Smartphones have become an essential part of our lives, serving not only as a means of communication but also as a tool for creativity and self-expression. 62.07% of children in Dhaka are mobile phone users and most of them use smartphones. The creative use of smartphones has enabled users to capture and share their experiences, ideas, and emotions in innovative ways, leading to a thriving digital culture of photography, videography, social media, and mobile apps. However, not all smartphones are created equal when it comes to facilitating creative expression. The availability of diverse and quality apps, easy access to internet connectivity, user-friendly interface, adequate storage space, high-quality camera, and multimedia capabilities, and supportive community and user groups are some of the facilitating conditions that can enhance the creative use of smartphones. In this blog post, we will explore the facilitating social conditions that enable creative expression on smartphones and the challenges and limitations that may hinder it.
Curiosity is a key driver of innovation and progress, and having curious friends can be a powerful catalyst for developing new ideas and creative solutions. In this blog post, we’ll explore how curious friends can be a condition for innovative use of young smartphone users.
When young smartphone users have friends who are curious and open-minded, they are more likely to be exposed to new ideas and perspectives. This can help to spark their own curiosity and encourage them to explore new and innovative uses for their smartphones.
For example, imagine a group of friends who are interested in photography. They might use their smartphones to experiment with different techniques and styles, sharing tips and feedback with each other along the way. This kind of collaborative and supportive environment can help to foster creativity and innovation, as each member of the group learns from the others and builds on their own ideas.
Curious friends can also inspire young smartphone users to seek out new information and resources. For example, a group of friends who are interested in coding might use their smartphones to research programming languages and techniques, sharing their findings with each other and collaborating on coding projects. This kind of exploration and discovery can be a powerful motivator for young people, helping them to develop new skills and passions.
In addition to inspiring innovation and creativity, having curious friends can also help young smartphone users to develop a sense of community and belonging. By sharing their interests and ideas with others, they can feel supported and validated, which can be especially important during the often-challenging teenage years.
Of course, it’s important to note that not all uses of smartphones are beneficial or safe, and young people should always use their devices responsibly and with adult supervision when necessary. However, when used in a positive and constructive way, smartphones can be a powerful tool for learning, creativity, and innovation.
In conclusion, having curious friends can be a condition for innovative use of young smartphone users. By fostering an environment of collaboration, exploration, and support, young people can use their smartphones to develop new skills and passions, while also building meaningful connections with others. If you’re a young smartphone user, consider seeking out friends who share your interests and curiosity, and don’t be afraid to experiment and explore new ideas together. With the right mindset and support, anything is possible.
Having friends can be an important condition for developing creative skills among young smartphone users. Here are some reasons why:
- Collaboration: Friends can collaborate on creative projects and provide feedback and support to one another. Collaboration is important because it allows individuals to leverage each other’s strengths and come up with more innovative and diverse ideas.
- Inspiration: Friends can inspire each other to be more creative. When young smartphone users see their friends working on creative projects or expressing themselves through art or other forms of creativity, they may be more motivated to explore their own creative interests.
- Exploration: Friends can encourage young smartphone users to explore new ideas and try out new things. By sharing their own interests and passions, friends can introduce young smartphone users to new creative pursuits that they may not have considered otherwise.
- Critique: Friends can provide constructive criticism and help young smartphone users improve their creative skills. This feedback can be valuable because it can help young smartphone users see areas where they need to improve and provide guidance on how to get better.
- Social Support: Friends can provide emotional support and encouragement to young smartphone users as they develop their creative skills. This is important because developing creative skills can be a challenging process, and having a support network can help individuals stay motivated and overcome obstacles.
In Bangladesh, where traditional education systems tend to focus on rote learning and memorization, having friends who encourage creativity can be especially important. By collaborating with friends, young smartphone users in Bangladesh can develop the skills they need to innovate, express themselves, and contribute to the cultural and economic development of their country.
Smartphones have become an integral part of modern life, with young users in particular spending a significant amount of time on these devices. While there are concerns about the negative impacts of excessive smartphone use, there are also many intriguing events and opportunities that can inspire young smartphone users to think creatively and use their devices in innovative ways. In this blog post, we’ll explore some intriguing events that can serve as conditions for innovative use of young smartphone users.
- Hackathons: Hackathons are events where participants come together to develop new technology solutions, often with a focus on social or environmental challenges. These events can be great opportunities for young smartphone users to learn new skills, collaborate with others, and develop innovative solutions to real-world problems.
- Gaming Competitions: Gaming competitions such as esports tournaments can be an exciting way for young smartphone users to showcase their skills and compete against others from around the world. These events can also inspire young people to develop their own games or other creative applications for their smartphones.
- Art Exhibitions: Art exhibitions can be a great way to inspire young smartphone users to think creatively and develop their artistic skills. Exhibitions that showcase digital art or use technology in innovative ways can be particularly intriguing for young smartphone users.
- Maker Faires: Maker Faires are events where people come together to showcase their inventions and creativity. These events can be a great way for young smartphone users to see how technology can be used in innovative ways and to connect with other makers and inventors.
- Science Fairs: Science fairs can be a great opportunity for young smartphone users to explore their curiosity and develop their scientific skills. These events often include technology-related projects that can inspire young people to use their smartphones in new and innovative ways.
- Film Festivals: Film festivals can be a great way for young smartphone users to showcase their storytelling skills and develop their creativity. These events can also inspire young people to use their smartphones to create their own films or other multimedia projects.
- Music Festivals: Music festivals can be an exciting way for young smartphone users to connect with others who share their interests and to develop their musical skills. These events can also inspire young people to use their smartphones to create their own music or other creative projects.
In conclusion, while excessive smartphone use can have negative impacts on young people, there are also many intriguing events and opportunities that can inspire them to think creatively and use their devices in innovative ways. By providing conditions that encourage creative thinking and collaboration, we can help young smartphone users to develop their skills and unleash their full potential. If you know of any other intriguing events or opportunities for young smartphone users, feel free to share them in the comments below!
Events can be an important condition for developing creative skills among young smartphone users. Here are some reasons why:
- Exposure: Events provide young smartphone users with exposure to different forms of creativity, such as art exhibits, music festivals, and film screenings. By attending these events, young smartphone users can broaden their horizons and gain inspiration from a variety of sources.
- Networking: Events can provide opportunities for young smartphone users to network with other creative individuals, such as artists, musicians, and writers. These connections can be valuable for developing collaborations and partnerships that can lead to new creative projects and opportunities.
- Learning: Events can offer learning opportunities for young smartphone users to develop their creative skills. Workshops, talks, and seminars can provide insights into new techniques and approaches to creativity, and hands-on activities can offer opportunities to experiment and practice.
- Feedback: Events can provide young smartphone users with opportunities to receive feedback on their creative work. This feedback can help them understand their strengths and weaknesses, and identify areas where they can improve.
- Inspiration: Events can inspire young smartphone users to think creatively and develop new ideas. By exposing them to different forms of creativity and offering opportunities to engage with others who share their interests, events can help young smartphone users find their own creative voice and develop their own unique style.
In Bangladesh, events like the Dhaka Art Summit, the Chobi Mela International Photography Festival, and the Dhaka Lit Fest provide opportunities for young smartphone users to engage with creativity and develop their own creative skills. By attending these events, young smartphone users can gain exposure to a range of creative practices and connect with others who share their interests. This can help them develop the skills they need to express themselves creatively and contribute to the cultural and economic development of their country.
As smartphones become increasingly integrated into our daily lives, it’s important to consider the impact they have on young users. While smartphones offer many benefits, they also present many challenges, particularly for parents who are trying to foster their children’s creativity and innovation. In this blog post, we’ll explore how friendly parents can create the conditions for innovative use of young smartphone users.
Firstly, it’s important to recognize that smartphones can be a valuable tool for creativity and innovation. With access to a wealth of information and resources, young smartphone users can explore their interests and passions in new and exciting ways. However, in order to harness the full potential of smartphones for innovation, young users need supportive and engaged parents.
Here are some ways friendly parents can create the conditions for innovative use of young smartphone users:
- Encourage Exploration: Friendly parents should encourage young smartphone users to explore their interests and passions using their devices. By providing guidance and support, parents can help their children discover new and exciting ways to use their smartphones for creative pursuits.
- Set Boundaries: While exploration is important, it’s also important for friendly parents to set boundaries around smartphone use. By establishing rules and limits, parents can help young users develop healthy and responsible habits with their devices.
- Model Healthy Behavior: Friendly parents should model healthy smartphone behavior themselves. By demonstrating responsible and mindful use of their own devices, parents can set a positive example for their children to follow.
- Collaborate on Projects: Parents can collaborate with their children on creative projects using smartphones, such as creating a podcast or producing a video. By working together, parents can not only foster their children’s creativity but also strengthen their bond.
- Provide Feedback: Friendly parents should provide feedback and support for their children’s creative endeavors. By offering constructive criticism and encouragement, parents can help young users improve their skills and gain confidence in their abilities.
In conclusion, friendly parents play a crucial role in creating the conditions for innovative use of young smartphone users. By providing guidance, support, and encouragement, parents can help their children harness the full potential of their devices for creative and innovative pursuits. With a thoughtful and engaged approach to smartphone use, parents can help young users develop the skills and habits they need to thrive in a rapidly changing world.
Parents can be an important condition for developing creative skills among young smartphone users. Here are some reasons why:
- Encouragement: Parents can encourage young smartphone users to explore their creativity by providing support, praise, and positive feedback. This can help young smartphone users feel confident in their abilities and motivated to continue developing their creative skills.
- Resources: Parents can provide young smartphone users with resources, such as art supplies, musical instruments, or access to creative software and tools. Having access to these resources can make it easier for young smartphone users to experiment and develop their creative abilities.
- Role models: Parents who are creative themselves can serve as role models for young smartphone users. By demonstrating their own creative pursuits and expressing enthusiasm for their child’s creativity, parents can help young smartphone users understand the value of creativity and see the benefits of pursuing it.
- Limits: Parents can set limits on smartphone use to ensure that young smartphone users have time and space to engage in creative activities. By limiting screen time and encouraging offline creative pursuits, parents can help young smartphone users develop a more well-rounded set of skills.
- Feedback: Parents can provide constructive feedback and guidance to young smartphone users as they develop their creative skills. This can help young smartphone users understand where they need to improve and provide guidance on how to do so.
In Bangladesh, where parental involvement in education is highly valued, parents can play a particularly important role in fostering creativity among young smartphone users. By providing resources, encouragement, and guidance, parents can help young smartphone users develop the skills they need to express themselves creatively and contribute to the cultural and economic development of their country.
In conclusion, developing creative skills among smartphone users in Bangladesh requires access to technology, access to educational resources, a supportive environment, and a mindset that encourages creativity. By creating an ecosystem that supports and nurtures creativity, Bangladesh can unlock the full potential of its smartphone users and foster a culture of innovation and entrepreneurship.