Are you a person who likes to stay at home and look for a home-based career? Then an online-based Content writing jobs from home is the most suitable job option for you. You will get a lot of online and home-based job opportunities, which overwhelmed and confused you. In the article, I will show you the easiest path to establish your online career.
Before launching your writing career, you have to know some necessary information about content writing. If you know the basics, then walk with me to manage content writing jobs from home. But if you don’t know the basics, please visit my site’s other pages to learn the basics. In the last part of my content, you will get some links to enhance your writing knowledge. Let’s explore the roadmap.
How to get content writing jobs from home – a practical roadmap
Suppose you want to visit cox’s Bazar, the longest sea beach in the world, but you don’t know how to go there. Now, what do you do? Most probably, your answer will be to take the Google map’s suggestions to find out the exact route of Cox’s Bazar and know what’s the communication system to go there. In the same way, you have to know the market demand for content writing and the salary range before searching for content writing jobs.
Market demand of content writers?
There has always been demand for content writers, and no matter what I say, it will be less. This is why I want to show you some statistics about the market demand for content writing and expert content writers.
● You know social media is becoming an integral part of your life. As the more time passes, the more you use social media. Even today, you will get more than 3 billion active social media users. Content Marketing Institute (CMI) said more than 91% of B2B companies depend on social media content marketing because of its flourishing. They think it is the right way to increase their business sales volume because they can quickly access the customers and consumers through these platforms.
● In the fourth quarter of 2020, e-commerce businesses have got 15.7 per cent of their total sale from social media marketing. If you convert this percentage in dollars, that will be 791.7 billion dollars, and the growth rate is 32.4% more than 2019. Here also comes the social media marketing and the power of content writing.
● Now let’s talk about affiliate marketing instead of the e-commerce business. The experts hope that in 2021 the affiliate marketing will earn 16 billion dollars from affiliation. Covid-19 pandemic helps to boost up this sale because people prefer online shopping to typical shopping globally. Content writers are also the front-line demand for this skyrocket economic development.
Hopefully, all those statistics can ensure the sustainability of your career. So don’t think about your future.
The salary range of a content writer
No matter how much I dream in your eyes, if you can’t earn a single penny from your words, you will lose your motivation to hang with your pen. So let’s know an earnings range from a novice writer to a pro writer.
Your per month average earning as a novice writer
I suggest you not expect more when you are a novice. Initially, based on your giving time, communication skills, client handling skills, and writing quality, you can earn approximately $100-120 or 8000-10000TK per month. This amount is not too bad if you consider the unemployment rate of Bangladesh.
Your per month average earning as a mid-level writer
When you pass 8 months to 1 year in this field, you will acquire some in-depth knowledge of content writing. On top-notch, you would handle many clients within this time, understand their requirements, develop your writing craft, word choice, sentence formation, conversational tone, etc. So if you can upgrade yourself as a mid-level content writer, you can easily earn
400-500$ or 30000-40000TK per month. When you consider Bangladesh’s job market, I think a few companies are willing to give you this amount only for one year of experience.
Your per month average earning as an expert writer
There is no end to learning, still, after working 3-4 years as a freelance content writer, you will learn every ins and outs of this content writing sector. So with your expert knowledge of content and copywriting, you can cross the six-figure earning milestones as a freelance content writer.
Are you floating in a dream of being a great writer and earning this six-figure income? Hello, friends, get down; in reality, pack your dream in a sack, and keep it aside.
6 steps to manage content writing jobs from home
The positive thing is you don’t need any academic or specific subject-based knowledge, or qualifications, except being passionate to write some excellent reader-engaging and well-researched content to manage your home Job. Let’s explore the entry-level of this six-figure earnings.
1. Choose your favorite niche
Niche is playing a crucial role in content writing. So first, choose a specific niche to get expertise and authority. When choosing a niche, always follow your passion and enthusiasm. This means you have to choose the subject you don’t get bored writing or don’t think there is anything to write about.
Another positive note is if you select your favorite niche, you can write without spending many hours on research. Moreover, you feel energetic, and a flaw of words comes to your mind to write. Here you get a series of popular niches to help you to choose one out of those.
● Cooking and nutrition
● Digital marketing
● Diet and fitness
● Family and Parenting
● Outdoor campaign and traveling
● Leadership and mentoring for choosing a career
● Passive income
● Baby and Mom care
● Home appliances
2. Create your own website or blog for an online presence
If you want to get a job, you must let the clients know that you are offering content writing services. Online presence is a must for informing your market presence. For this
You will get some free blog sites (Medium, Wix, or WordPress); go there and start your blog. It is the simplest way to make ready some samples to show your practical writing to the clients.
The best practice will be to create your websites. If possible, and have the solvency to invest some bucks in starting your freelancing business, buy a good named domain and minimum-spaced hosting. This website will serve you in two ways. The first one is like a portfolio or resumes to show your expertise to the clients, and the second is you can earn from Google AdSense.
3. Write some excellent sample works
Now, you are ready with your free blog site or your website. It’s high time to write some exclusive, reader-engaged, and well-formatted content as samples. In the first step, write at least 7-8 contents depending on various topics and structures. Your listed samples can be a single review, multiple reviews, and info. Then start marketing them.
Write some short posts on your writing topic and interlink your written sample. Then publish your post on different social media like Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Reddit, etc.
If you can successfully do the work, you will attract potential clients’ attention through your activities. There is a massive crisis of good writers in this content writing industry, so every digital marketer wants to grab any expert writer. In this way, you will get your first order from those potential digital marketers.
4. Make ready your elevator pitch
At this step, you have to make ready an excellent client killer pitch to show your expertise if any client comes into your inbox. Why?
Sometimes, some potential and right clients come to your inbox to know about yourself and justify your skill. They don’t want to invest their time, money, and energy in any unwanted writer. So it’s your responsibility to transform any visited clients into potential clients with your pitch and communication skill.
Below, I am writing some different circumstance’s elevator pitch to manage clients for your home Job.
● Try to understand a client’s requirements and write a short but useful and accurate elevator pitch. As a result, you will always be ready to inform who you are, your service, and how this service will help the client increase their business growth. If you can convince them, no clients will run away if they need content writers.
● Try to find out the Email address of your expected company, then send a cold Email informing your service. If you send 50 cold emails, you will probably get a 50% reply, and 5-8% cold mail will take positive results for you.
● Join online groups for developing a good relationship with the writing community. Their many job providers share their posts by seeking content writers. Contact them by sending your samples and elevator pitch. Hopefully, you will get a positive response.
● Open LinkedIn profile and always be active there. Besides LinkedIn, always keep your social media profile up to date and attach some of your published work links. If somebody wants to hire you, they can know about your activity without informing you by visiting your profile. If they get your sample’s link, they think you are a great, smart, and well-known person about digital marketing.
5. Create profiles on International marketplaces
If you have enough confidence in your writing quality, you can open some Gigs on different International freelance marketplaces. Those are the best lead and sources of high-paying clients. You can check out my content for detailed information about International freelancing websites. Some of the job sites are
● Blogging pro
● People Per Hour etc.
6. Ask for testimonials from your previous clients
The testimonial is proof of your writing quality and experience. So when you have built some reputation about your work, ask for a testimonial from your respected clients. Politely ask for some words from them about how they feel after working with you. Or you can ask for a short Email about their experience.
After getting one or two positive reviews or testimonials, publish them on your website, blog site, or social media profile. These testimonials will boost up your confidence and make you different from the market shout and average writers.
Over to you!
Managing a content writing job from home isn’t either soo simple or very tough. It’s a complete process that you have to follow from top to bottom. You can’t get admission to college without passing secondary school. Simultaneously, the roadmap is a chain of steps you can’t reach the next steps without completing the previous steps.
Here, I have tried to discuss all the things to help you get your first paycheck from a content writing job. But, yes, you have to keep patience, hang with your pen, dedicate a bunch of time to crafting your skills.
I will be happy if you can find a way for your career through this content. However, if you have any questions on content writing, please let me know by leaving a few words in the comment section. I will try to write on that topic in my next content.
Leave a Reply